This recipe is very filling - neither of us could eat our whole portion last night - and yummy! Slightly spicy with a nice textural contrast between crisp lettuce, chewy salmon, and creamy avocados. It's best cold, and terrific for lunch! Modified from San Antonio Chicken recipe from cdkitchen.com.
- 10 ounces salmon, cubed
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 ripe avocado
- 1 habenero peppers
- Splash of lemon juice
- Combine picante sauce, cumin and salt in 10" skillet.
- Cook salmon in sauce mixture, stirring constantly on medium, until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer contents of skillet to mixing bowl; cover and chill thoroughly.
- After chilling, add sour cream, lemon juice and mayonnaise to salmon mixture; mix well.
- Peel, seed and coarsely chop avocado. Seed and dice habenero pepper. Add avocado and celery to chicken mixture; mix lightly.
- Spoon onto lettuce-lined salad plates. Serve with additional picante sauce.