Macaroni salad is usually enjoyed with mayonnaise, which is easier to store as a finished product. But avocados are healthier and tastier! Serves 4.
1 16-oz package elbow macaroni
20 oz of grape or cherry tomatoes tomatoes
2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
1 Vidal sweet onion, diced
1. Cook macaroni in boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and place in fridge.
2. Quarter tomatoes on a cutting board and pick it up to put it in the macaroni (this keeps the macaroni salad from getting to runny).
3. Dice cucumber thickly and add to salad.
4. Dice onion and add to salad.
If you're not eating the salad right away, stick it in the fridge and wait to perform the next tasks.
5. Peel the avocados and remove the seed.
6. Roughly chop the avocados.
7. Mash the avocados into a paste.
8. Work the paste into the salad.
Got a [vegetarian] recipe you and friends go crazy for? Send it in, and I'll publish it for Tasty Thursday!