. [Photo credit Carmen]
Hi folks! Huge upswing in visits the past few days thanks to kind links to my post on the framing of Janey Kay's attack from voz (whose help in writing that piece was instructive and invaluable) and Feministing. So, welcome! If you're new here, I've pulled together some older posts for your perusal. Most of them are not time sensitive, and many of them may have oppressive language - I'm constantly learning and growing and making mistakes, so if you see an issue or an example of me inflicting privilege, I welcome your calling it out.
- I am pro-abortion, not pro-choice and Pregnancy, my greatest fear
- An awesome guest post from Recursive Paradox: For the Uninformed: Privilege, Perspective and The Little Things That Jab
- OCD, language, and my place on the disability spectrum and Trichotillomania: cures, shame, localization, management
- Don't you realize X is unhealthy?
- Feminists at rock concerts
- New York Times acknowledges, devalues fat fashion
- Southern accents and attraction
- (White) GOP sexuality and the expectations of black sexuality
- Feminist Puberty: Privilege, and Fucking Up
- Trans woman cab driver Andre Edwards triumphs over trans misogyny
- Police Taser disabled man Antonio Love for not leaving the bathroom
- Victims don't "get raped" and Rape is not sex: framing and language in assault
- Here’s what I think: on framing and language, Working out the kinks: taking care in anti-racist language and "Blinded by privileged": ableist language in critical discourse
- Feminism through cooking, On being an unethically meat-eating feminist, and Messiness and cleanliness: negotiation in feminism and relationships
- Between thin and fat
- Partner privilege, safety, and street harrassment
To my regular readers: I'm sorry about the unpredictable schedule lately. Life has been getting in the way on a regular basis. I am most productive when I'm busy, and I'm back to work next week, so you can expect more out of me then. If you missed my Tasty Thursday today, hit it up for some sweet potato goodness.
50BPT continues throughout the weekend and into next week - look for reviews from amazing women like Allison McCarthy and Daisy this weekend. I believe I promised a review of Jennifer Finney Boylan's memoir She's Not There, but I want to fully cover its virtues and flaws and I'm a bit too weary to do that competently right now.
Links in a moment. Thank you so much for reading.