It's the close of another good month here at Deeply Problematic! Blogging is rough to get through sometimes, but right now, I'm feeling very good about the work I do here. I'm lucky to have such a terrific, engaged readership.
My fundraising drive was a huge success! Thanks to those of you who donated. Your help was a huge boost; you're an essential part of what's driving me to continue to write here. A donation button is still up on the left sidebar - help is appreciated, but not necessary at the moment.
I've got guest posts up at Feministe and Don't Call Me Sybil right now. If you're coming over from there, welcome!
Mark your calenders for October 13. I'll be a guest on Healthy Place Mental Health TV show. I will be discussing OCD and my experiences with it, which you can read about here.
If you're on social networking doohickeys, you can support Deeply Problematic and interact with other readers there, too! I post new articles, pictures of cute things, and inane/brilliant thoughts at Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.
Here are this month's top posts:
Top posts of September 2010
1. Wikipedia's main page mentions nine men for every one woman
2. Trans student not homecoming king because of Mona Shores High School cissexism
3. Why I use that word that I use: Kyriarchy, kyriarchal, and why not patriarchy
4. Disability and Comics: How Questionable Content's Faye and Hannelore normalize disability
5. Women in Questionable Content: Women-run businesses and Bechdel-passing friendships
Most commented in September 2010
1. Josh Eastman arrested for paying child to recite racial slurs on YouTube video - 35 comments
2. Wikipedia's main page mentions nine men for every one woman - 30 comments
3. Trans student not homecoming king because of Mona Shores High School cissexism - 9 comments
4. Paperwork & homework, anxiety & ADD: institutionalized and internalized ableism & Hundreds of children with disabilities die in Bulgarian state facilities - 6 comments
5 .A feminist reading of Achewood, part one: disability and Roast Beef & Why I use that word that I use: Problematic - 5 comments
Thank you so much for your support!